My shopping cart
Your cart is currently empty.Continue Shopping
It's super simple to sell with SwapUp!
Step 1: Order a SwapUp Kit
Create a SwapUp account and order a SwapUp Kit from the Dashboard.
For $9.90 only, you will receive a prepaid label via email within 24 hours. This means you can send up to 5 kg of clothes to us almost instantly, perfect for when moving houses!
You can also order printed shipping label and large satchel to be delivered to your address. This will take 2-7 business days to arrive.
Step 2: Send us your stuff
Pack your like-new, freshly-laundered clothes. No damage, no stain and no odour, please!
Attach the shipping label to your packaging. Drop off at your nearest Australia Post.
Step 3: Sit back and relax
Once your SwapUp Kit arrives at our facility, we'll do all the hard work of sorting, listing, taking professional photography, selling and shipping your items to buyers via our resale platform.
You'll earn up to 80% of the sale price once items are sold. You can track the whole process and your earnings from your sold items on your account.
Enjoy the freedom to cash out or donate your earnings at any time. Even better, you can use it to shop from our online thrift store and get a 10% bonus at checkout! Circular economy, baby!
• Order a SwapUp Kit (you need to create an account to purchase one)
• Monitor the status of your SwapUp Kit
• Track and use your earnings to shop, donate or cash out
• Track your own order purchases
• Update your details including bank account information
• Change your contact and communication preferences
Inside your SwapUp Kit, you will find:
• Prepaid shipping label (digital label always included in the confirmation label; printed label is optional)
• Large 60 x 40 cm compostable satchel to pack your items (optional)
• How-to instruction
The SwapUp Kit price covers the following:
• National shipping with Australia Post for up to 5 kg of clothes* or approximately 25 summer items
• Sorting & inspection services
• Professional photography services
• Listing fees
• Storage allowance for accepted clothing items
• Pick-and-pack services upon the sale of your clothes
• $100 insurance in the form of store credit in the case of lost packages.
* the total length of package dimension should not exceed 125 cm e.g. if a package is 25 x 30 x 30 cm, that means the total length is 25 + 30 + 30 = 85 cm and is okay to send
Great question! We aim to process SwapUp Kits within 1-2 weeks of arrival at our facility, but we're seeing more demand than usual so the wait time may be longer. Thank you for your patience :)
SwapUp accepts clothing from most brands as long as the item has its original label and size tag.
We can't say how fast an item would sell, but items that are in-season, trendy and from good brands tend to sell faster. We highly recommend that you sell items following the season i.e. send us summer clothes in the spring and winter clothes in autumn.
All items must meet our quality standards to be resold on SwapUp:
• All items need to have their original labels and sizing tags intact
• Clothing and bags should not have rips, tears, shrinkage or pilling. Items which have been altered, through fair usage or otherwise, will not be accepted
• Shoes should not be scuffed or appear worn
• Clothing, shoes and bags should not be stained, dirty, faded, stretched or blemished
• All clothes must be freshly laundered
• All clothes, shoes and handbags must be free of odour, pet fur and other allergens
• Shoes and handbags must be cleaned before being sent to us
Please review the list below to see which categories SwapUp is currently listing for women and kids:
• Maternity Clothing
• Plus-Size Clothing
• Costumes (kids only)
• Coin purses
• Makeup bags
All items received become property of SwapUp. SwapUp will decide whether items are accepted and the price at which the items will be listed. These are at the sole discretion of SwapUp, final and non-negotiable. By creating an account on the SwapUp website, customers will be able to see all the items which have been accepted for listing on the website.
SwapUp do not accept items that are in poor condition, dirty, smelly, without label or not branded. Items with pet hair on are also a big No-no and will not be accepted!
We do not list the following categories:
• Men’s clothing
• Non-clothing items: toys, books, electronics, etc
• Underwear and lingerie
• Gowns and wedding dresses
• Homemade and altered items
• Work uniforms
• Counterfeit items
• Items obtained illegally, including ones containing tracker/sensors
• Items that contain content that is deemed inappropriate for a family-friendly audience
• Clothing with reference to teams and places that do not have a broad audience across Australia, including local team jerseys, school uniforms.
We currently do not accept brands from value chain stores, including but not limited to:
• Aldi (Dymples, etc.)
• Angel Biba
• Best & Less (Edited, Favourites, etc.)
• Big W (&me, Brilliant Basics, etc.)
• Harris Scarfe
• Kmart (Anko, Clothing&Co, Active&Co, etc.)
• Suzanne Grae
• Target (Hot Options, Target Essentials, etc.)
Unaccepted items will not be sold in our store and therefore are not eligible for payouts. We may choose to donate, recycle or, once other alternatives are exhausted, send them to landfills at our discretion.
Our proud delivery partner is Australia Post. Please feel free to obtain a lodgement receipt for your own record when you drop off your SwapUp Kit at an Australia Post retail outlet.
You can track the shipment of your SwapUp Kit through your SwapUp account.
Once received, SwapUp will endeavour to process all received items within 14 days of the items’ arrival at SwapUp facility.
The initial listing price for consigned items will be determined by SwapUp with absolute and sole discretion. If your clothes do not sell within 90 days of listing, SwapUp may decide to adjust the listing price at discretion.
Any item under consignment that is not sold within 180 days of being listed online becomes a property of SwapUp.
Please note that we do not offer to return to sellers any unaccepted items, and accepted / consigned items during the consignment period.
You can earn up to 60% of the selling price. The amount that SwapUp keeps helps us pay our staff (unlike op shops, we're not run by volunteers!) and covers the costs of sorting, listing, photographing, storage, marketing and shipping of all items. Unfortunately, a $10 item requires the same level of efforts as a $50 item for us. That's why you'll earn less on lower value items, but much more on higher value ones.
Your earnings will appear on the Dashboard approximately 14 days after your consignment item is sold.
An insider tip: Remember, higher value items mean better payout for you! So it's totally worthwhile to invest in quality items that are locally and ethically made xx
You can choose to do one of the following from the Balance menu in account:
You can use your earnings to shop directly from SwapUp with a 10% bonus - this will be credited back to your account after you shop. Simply log in to your account and toggle on the option to use your credit when you check out. Circular economy, baby! 😉
You can cash out your earnings to your nominated bank account. We require a minimum of $5 in requested amount to process. We process your cash out requests every Monday. See the complete explanation here.
You can donate your earnings to a couple of select charities which align with our missions and values. We require a minimum of $5 in requested amount to process. We process your donation requests every Monday. See the complete explanation here.
All donations above $2 and made via SwapUp are tax-deductible. Please contact us to retain a receipt for your donations and we will pass the request to the receiving charity when the donation is made.
Yes! Up to $100 insurance in the form of store credit is included with every SwapUp Kit sent to our facility
After the consignment period lapsed, you will have an additional 14 days to reclaim your item. We charge a handling fee of $5 per retrieved item plus variable shipping cost (including 1% cover value).
If you do not reclaim your item with the timeframe, the item becomes the property of SwapUp. We may choose to donate unsold items to local charities such as ClothesLine and Fitted For Work who directly send them to people in need or sold them through other channels to recoup the costs.
That's entirely up to you!
Here at SwapUp, we are passionate about making secondhand mainstream, so it breaks our hearts to learn that 85% of donated clothes are not sold — and they end up in landfills instead.
SwapUp was founded to help re-circulate those clothes. We want to make the process of buying and selling secondhand as convenient as buying new, because:
a) you earth-loving thrifters deserve it
b) we can re-home more clothes than before!
Plus, once your items are sold, you can still donate your earnings to our growing list of charity partners ❤️
SwapUp has the exclusive rights to adjust pricing and consignment rate. In the case of consignment rate changes, consignors will be notified via email.
SwapUp will not be liable for any damages or loss of your items, regardless who caused the loss or damage. Unless otherwise specified, you guarantee authenticity of consigned goods and indemnifies SwapUp of any damages, fees, and costs that may occur, including return of buyer’s purchase price, as a result thereof. Additionally, you warrant legal ownership of all items free of any liens and encumbrances.